"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
All instructions and descriptions of assignments (from textbooks, worksheets, online activities, and etc.) and projects will be posted here with clearly outlined due dates. It is your responsibility to check this page on a regular basis to make sure that you are completing all the required assignments.
- PERIOD 7 ONLY: DNA, Transcription, Translation Posters/Models. DUE Wednesday, June 11, 2014.
- PERIOD 7 ONLY: Read and analyze "Genetic Engineering" article. Click here for article. Write 3-paragraph essay answering the question prompts at the end of the article. DUE Friday, June 13, 2014.
- PERIOD 3 ONLY: mRNA/Sickle Cell Anemia Poster Miniproject. Read Process and Procedures on pages 458 - 460. Complete parts A, B, and C. DUE Monday, June 9, 2014.
- Biology Final Exam Board Game Project. Click here for instructions. DUE Tuesday, June 17, 2014.
- PERIOD 3 ONLY. DNA Extraction Virtual Lab. Click here for virtual lab. DUE at the end of the period.
- Genetic Disorder Infographic Mini-project. Click here for instructions. DUE Thursday, May 22, 2014.
- Punnett Square practice questions. Click here for questions. Write answers on a separate sheet of clean paper. DUE at the end of the period.
- Take home Meiosis Quiz. DUE Monday, May 12, 2014.
- Meiosis WebQuest. Click here for document. DUE Monday, May 12, 2014.
- Reproductive System WebQuest. Click here for document. DUE Monday May 5, 2014 (PERIOD 7). DUE Tuesday May 6, 2014 (PERIOD 3).
- Birth Control Method Infomercial and/or Pamphlet. Click here for more details. DUE Friday May 2, 2014 (PERIOD 3). DUE Wednesday May 7, 2014 (PERIOD 7).
- Making Sense of Reproductive Strategies Presentation. Click here for more details. DUE Thursday, April 17, 2014.
- Photosynthesis Webquest. Click here for document. DUE Friday, April 11, 2014.
- Photosynthesis Virtual Lab. Handout given in class. DUE April 8, 2014.
- PERIOD 7 ONLY. Yeast Cellular Respiration Lab Report. DUE March 31, 2014.
- PERIOD 3 ONLY. Cellular Respiration Poster. DUE March 27, 2014.
- Cellular Respiration WebQuest. Click here for link. See handout for questions. DUE March 21, 2014 for Period 7. DUE March 27, 2014 for Period 3.
- PERIOD 7 ONLY. Cellular Respiration Rap Song Project. Click here for more details. Final draft DUE March 27, 2014.
- Brainstorm HOW we can CREATE our own model of the human body using common supplies. Type up your ideas in a Google Word document. The actual project due date will be in late May/early June. Ideas DUE March 14. Start THINKING!
- Introduction to Cellular Respiration. Click here to watch the video. Take notes in your notebook. DUE Monday, February 24, 2014.
- Part II of TED Talk Project. See project instructions for more details. You must email a script of your talk and a copy of the visual aid you plan on using. Even though you have different presentation schedules, you ALL MUST BE READY to present on February 18. Click here for the schedule of TEDTalks. DUE February 18, 2014.
- Digestive System Videos/Animation. 1) Watch the video found on this page.Take notes on the video and the interactive portion. All the major organs and their functions should be clearly described in your notes IN YOUR OWN WORDS. 2) Read more about the digestive system from the National Geographic Website. Be sure to test ALL four foods in the "Feed the System." In an organized and neat table, explain the differences between the four different foods in terms of the molecules that are eventually absorbed by the body. DUE Friday, February 19, 2014.
- Part I of TED Talk Project. See project instructions for more details. DUE Tuesday, February 4, 2014.